As part of the ongoing training program some of the Wessex carers attended a training course run by Dialogue
This is part of the mandatory training required by The Fostering Foundation and covered:
Child Protection (Safeguarding for foster carers – level 2)
- What is child abuse and neglect?
- Signs and indicators of abuse and neglect.
- Normal child development
- Maintaining a child focus
- What to do in response to concerns
- Documentation and sharing of information regarding concerns
- Using the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and their Families: Own safeguarding roles and responsibilities
Feedback from the trainees included
“Martine was excellent & answered questions really well”
“The course was clear and informative”