Last week the male carers from the Wessex area met for one of their regular support group meetings at the Community Room at Middlemoor Fire Station.
The subjects for discussion included:
- the value and quality of the male carers group, and what it means to them personally.
- the needs of refugees entering the fostering system . The challenges and rewards of the carers and their family, and the difficulties that young person may experience.
- their appreciation of the last Equality and Diversity training and the insight that the two guest speakers brought to the training, and the world shared lunch with Devon Global Centre.
- personal development and person growth from having different types of placement. Expanding the carer’s toolbox to deal with children that are more complex confidently. Learning to trust your experience.
- Impact of young people choice to take cannabis, and how that can affect the family.
Thank you to everyone who attended and contributed to the successful meeting.