As part of our ongoing training and support package to our carers the following course is being run:
Child Protection (Safeguarding for foster carers – level 2)
· What is child abuse and neglect?
· Signs and indicators of abuse and neglect.
· Normal child development
· Maintaining a child focus
· What to do in response to concerns
· Documentation and sharing of information regarding concerns
· Using the Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and their Families: Own safeguarding roles and responsibilities