The Fostering Foundation are currently seeking to appoint a supervising social worker based in the South West as the result of an internal promotion.
The Foundation is a small family feel independent fostering agency who prides its self on providing a happy, safe and supportive environment for foster carers, children and staff.
With teams based in Tavistock, and Bristol the Foundation is seeking to recruit a motivated, driven and enthusiastic qualified social worker to join our team in the Bristol Office.
For a variety of reasons some children are unable to be raised by their families and need to be cared for either on a temporary or permanent basis with alternative carers.
Ensuring the children we care for are safe, healthy and happy is at the heart of the Foundations standards and values. We pride ourselves on our investment in staff and carer training and our high quality carer and children focus on welfare, both in terms of services and activities.
As a social worker you will be Social Work England registered and have a sound knowledge of the legislation that underpins the role such as the Fostering Minimum Standards, Care Planning Regulations and Working Together to Safe Guard Children. You will be committed to providing a high quality service to ensure our children and cares reach their full potential whatever their ambitions.
- The role will also involve the recruitment and assessment of carers.
- Provide 24 hour support on a rota basis to all carers.
- Supervising and supporting foster cares to provide excellent levels of care to children in their care.
- The participation and attendance of foster carer support groups.
- Prepare and complete reports, reviews and recordings on a monthly and annual basis.
- Attend where required panel meetings, meetings and conferences.
- Participate in the foster care training and development.
- Working as part of team in the matching and placing of children with foster cares.
In return the Fostering Foundation provides
- A salary & car allowance package up to £35,600 (depending on experience)
- Generous Annual leave (starting at 25 days with increase on length of service) Plus Bank Holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working including working from home.
- Low case load
- Regular supervision
- Development and training
- A Supportive, experienced and friendly team
Closing date 2nd March 2020
For informal discussion please contact Georgina Dunk Registered Manager or Sherree Cole Service Manager on 01822 618068
For more information and to register your interest in this role, please click here.