I am a qualified and HCPC registered social worker who is passionate about achieving the best outcomes for children.
The following is a brief summary on my skills and experience:
• Carried out Form F assessments of prospective foster carers.
• Good interviewing and assessment skills.
• Risk assessment and risk management skills.
• Supervision and training of foster carers
• Well-developed report writing skills.
• Good communication skills with many years’ experience of communicating with senior managers of large organisations.
• Well-developed interpersonal and social skills
In my role as a supervising social worker, I perform a wide range of duties which include the following:
– Regular supervisory meetings with foster carers to ensure that they are providing adequate care to their foster children and maintain proper financial and other records.
– Carrying out Form F assessment of prospective foster carers.
– Taking part in multi-professional safeguarding strategy meetings following allegations.
– Taking part in foster carers’ support group meetings and training of foster carers.
– Attending placement planning meetings, looked after children’s (LAC) reviews and PEP meetings at schools.
– Maintaining electronic records of meetings, home visits, phone conversations and email correspondence.
– Performing duty social worker role and out of hours on-call social worker duty at night and weekends.
– Ensuring compliance with the National Minimum Standards, the Fostering Regulations 2011 and the Agency policy/procedures in my professional practice.
– Liaising with the child’s social workers on a regular basis and informing placing local authorities of any issues or incidents arising at the placement.
– Supporting foster carers to facilitate contact between children and their family or significant others.