The Fostering Foundation are currently seeking to appoint a supervising social worker based in Devon & Cornwall on a permanent contract.
The Foundation is a small family feel independent fostering agency who prides its self on providing a happy, safe and supportive environment for foster carers, children and staff.
With teams based in Tavistock, Tiverton and Bristol areas the Foundation is seeking to recruit a motivated, driven and enthusiastic qualified social worker to join our teams to cover Plymouth, Tavistock and into Cornwall.
For a variety of reasons some children are unable to be raised by their families and need to be cared for either on a temporary or permanent basis with alternative carers.
Ensuring the children we care for are safe, healthy and happy is at the heart of the Foundations standards and values.
As a social worker you will be Social Work England registered and have a sound knowledge of the legislation that underpins the role such as the Fostering Minimum Standards, Care Planning Regulations and Working Together to Safe Guard Children. You will be committed to providing a high quality service to ensure our children and cares reach their full potential in whatever their ambitions.
• The role will also involve the recruitment and assessment of carers.
• Provide 24 hour support on a rota basis to all carers.
• Supervising and supporting foster cares to provide excellent levels of care to children in their care.
• The participation and attendance of foster carer support groups.
• Prepare and complete reports, reviews and recordings on a monthly and annual basis.
• Attend where required panel meetings, meetings and conferences.
• Participate in the foster care training and development.
• Working as part of team in the matching and placing of children with foster cares.
In return the Fostering Foundation provides
• A salary package up to £35,600 (which includes a car allowance) depending on experience.
• Generous Annual leave (starting at 25 days with increase on length of service)
• Company pension scheme
• Agile and flexible working including working from home.
• Low case load
• Regular supervision
• Development and training
• A Supportive, experienced and friendly team
This is an initial fixed term contract which could be permanent for the right candidate
For informal discussion please contact Georgina Dunk Registered Manager 07730 370317
Closing date 16th July 2020