Applications Closed - Position Filled
The Foundation is a small independent fostering agency who prides its self on providing a happy, safe and supportive environment for foster carers, children and staff.
With small teams based in Tavistock, Exeter and Bristol areas the Foundation is seeking to recruit a motivated, driven and enthusiastic qualified social worker to join our teams to cover the Plymouth, Tavistock and Cornwall areas.
Ensuring the children we care for are safe, healthy and happy is at the heart of the Foundations standards and values.
You will be/have:
• A qualified social worker
• SWE registered
• A car owner/driver
• Be prepared to travel across the region
• Experience in working with children and young people
• Prior experience of working within the fostering sector would be advantageous
• Good working knowledge of National Standards and Fostering Services Regulations
• Committed to providing a high quality service to support foster carers in helping children and young people reach their full potential
The successful applicant will be part of a small supportive team that provides supervision to foster carers enabling them to support the children and young people placed within the Fostering Foundation.
The role includes:
• Supervising and supporting foster cares to provide excellent levels of care to children in their care.
• Prepare and complete reports, reviews and recordings on a monthly and annual basis
• The participation and attendance of foster carer support groups
• Assessment of foster carers
• Attend where required panel meetings, meetings and conferences
• Work alongside the Placement Officer in the matching and placing of children with foster carers
• Take part in the out of hours rota approx. 1 week in 8 weeks
• Participate in the foster care training and development
In return the Fostering Foundation provides
• A salary package up to £35,600 (which includes a car allowance) depending on experience.
• Generous Annual leave (starting at 25 days with increase on length of service)
• Company pension scheme
• Agile and flexible working including working from home.
• Low case load
• Regular supervision
• Development and training
• A Supportive, experienced and friendly team
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: £31,600.00-£35,600.00 per year
Applications Closed – Position Filled
Enquire About Fostering Foundation Vacancy
* Required Fields
NB: CV & Covering Letter are required, must not exceed 5Mb in size and must be in Word or PDF format.